What is Pilates?
Pilates is a body-conditioning technique that strengthens the core postural muscles, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility.
Pilates enables you to…
- Improve your posture and overall body awareness
- Corrects muscle imbalances, improving body alignment
- Reshape your body which will become leaner and more toned as you progress
- Engage the deep core stabilising muscles
- Relieve unwanted stress and tensi
Who is it for?
Pilates is a progressive form of exercise so is suitable for those wishing to get back into shape. It is also ideal as a safe way of cross-training for those who already exercise regularly and is widely employed throughout the sporting world to enhance and compliment existing training programmes.
Pilates is widely recognised by health professionals in the positive management of back and joint pain. It is also recommended as a safe method of rehabilitation following injury
It is especially recommended after pregnancy.
So basically Pilates is for Everyone!!
“I must be right. Never an aspirin. Never an injured day in my life. The whole country, the whole world, should be doing my exercises. They’d be happier.” –
Joseph Hubertus Pilates, in 1965, age 86